BAM Ritchies: Environmental Agency Cornwall, Sea Defences
BAM Ritchies sprayed concrete team were called upon to assist BAM Nuttall in the restoration and strengthening of storm-damaged sea defences around the coasts of Cornwall, as part of a large
scheme for the Environmental Agency.
Over the course of 5 months the team worked on a variety of applications including damaged concrete and masonry structures, landslip areas and eroded rock outcrops at 7 sites around the
The works used significant amounts of SprayedConcrete and Grout, at;
- Porthpean, Nr St Austell – 1.5 tonnes
- Swanpool, Nr Falmouth – 6 tonnes
- Porthleven, Nr Helston – 18 tonnes
- St Mawes, Nr Falmouth – 27 tonnes
- Gyllyngvase, Nr Falmouth – 82 tonnes
- Contantine Bay, Nr Padstow – 108 tonnes
- Swanpool, Nr Falmouth – 10 tonnes Cem1 grout.
The works varied in duration from four to forty days.